Pupil premium arrangements
The pupil premium gives academies extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from reception to Year 11.
The students eligible for pupil premium funding include:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals
- All children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
- Children who have been looked after for six months or longer
- £935 per student in years 7-11
- £1,900 for any student who has been in local authority care for one day or more; leaves local authority care if adopted; leaves local authority care under a special guardianship order or a residence order; recorded as both eligible for free school meals in the last six years and as being looked after (or as having left local-authority care)
Academy accountability for the pupil premium
- The pupil premium is paid to schools as they are best placed to assess what additional provision their pupils need.
- The next pupil premium strategy review will take place in July 2018.