Information for current parents
The academy day
Years 7 - 11
8.50-9.00 Students make their way to lessons
9.00-9.55 Period 1
9.55-10.50 Period 2
11.05-12.00 Period 3
12.00-12.55 Period 4
13.40-14.35 Period 5
14.35-15.30 Period 6
We develop our students’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural understanding through a programme of assemblies and weekly themes. Students are given a topic to focus on for the week which is then explored during tutor time and in assembly.
Assemblies are held in year groups and involve key members of staff including senior leaders and visitors. Year group assemblies are also held throughout the year to deliver key messages including post 16 applications and key stage 4 choices.
Key themes in assemblies:
- National Holocaust Memorial Day
- UNICEF Day for Change Week
- World Poetry Day
- National Refugee Week
- National Disability Awareness Week
We are offering a Higher Education Parents information evening at the school on Tuesday the 23rd January. Click the button below to read all about it
Please click the button below to view our GCSE summer 2018 examination timetable
In order for children to achieve to the best of their ability it is important that they attend academy every day. Each student is given an individual target of 97%.
If your child is genuinely ill please contact the attendance team on the day of absence before 9.30am. Please try and arrange medical appointments out of the academy day however we appreciate that this is not always possible.
If you have any questions please contact our attendance officers:
Aspens is the company chosen by Parkwood to provide our meal services.
We believe that the food children eat plays an important role in their wellbeing, and eating a well-balanced diet will not only maintain and improve their health, but will also set them on the right track for later life. We understand this and that’s why we are passionate about ensuring our students are served fresh, high-quality and locally sourced food that is cooked in our kitchen.
- Lots of choice: we have a fantastic range to choose from and we make sure that we serve the variety of food that children like and want to eat.
- Special diets and food allergens: don’t think our great food can’t be enjoyed if you have a special diet. We provide food for students with any intolerance, allergies or alternative choices due to religious beliefs.
- Free school meals: did you know that your child might be entitled to free school meals? For more information and details on how to claim click here.
- Great value for money: we have a range of meal deals on offer every day to help save money. Whether they want a hot meal or something to just grab and go, there will be an offer available.
- The menu: if you want to look at the current menu cycle or have a question you would like to ask, please click here.
Parent Pay enables parents and carers to see our online payment system to make dinner money top-ups or trip payments quickly and easily. View your child’s balance online or receive SMS texts alerts from our parent communication system.
Parent and carer feedback
We value feedback from our parents and carers. Your input enables us to ensure that we are meeting your expectations at all times and ensuring that each student receives the best education possible.
We take pride in the relationship we have with our local community and wish to ensure all views are voiced.