Virtual Open Day
Attending an Academy Open Day is usually about being able to meet the teachers who will be guiding and nurturing your child, experiencing our facilities first hand and feeling the buzz of learning going on around you.
Whilst this is not quite possible at the moment, we have put together information and media to give you a flavour of life here at Parkwood E-ACT Academy. Meet the staff, hear from our students and explore our facilities from the comfort of your own home.
Welcome from our Headteacher
Our headteacher, Gemma Cottingham, would like to welcome you to our Virtual Open Day and introduce you to the amazing benefits of attending Parkwood E-ACT Academy.
Live Open Day Experience
As part of our Virtual Open Day, we will be holding a live talk with our Headteacher and Senior members of staff.
Thursday 22 October, 5pm
The live session will consist of:
- Meet our Headteacher, Mrs Cottingham
- Hear from current Year 7 students and our Head of Year 7
- Meet Mr Gregg Henderson, who will explain the SIMS APP and how we keep parents up to date as well as the E-ACT Passport and the exciting opportunities available to your child.
- Meet Mr Sean McGillan and hear about how we support your child’s Health & Well being whilst settling into Year 7 and throughout their time at the academy.
- Meet Mrs Sarah Husband and hear about how we support our students with Special Educational Needs.
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions to the team and receive guidance on the application process.
To access the live session, please use the link below:
Take a tour of our facilities and meet some of the key staff who will be looking after you in Year 7!
How to apply
Applications for our academy close on 31st October. Should you require any further information about the academy, or wish to speak to someone before submitting your application, please contact <bespoke email address>
If you have any questions or need help with your application please email Gregg.Henderson@E-ACT.org.uk or Kim.McDonald@E-ACT.org.uk who will be happy to help.
To receive further information about the Academy or to register for one of our LIVE talks, please complete the form below: